Monday, April 18, 2011

Getting Out

I was all prepared to go to another lunch hour at the gym, when my co-worker invited me to walk around the state capitol with her instead. Sounds good to me!

We took a brisk walk all around the capitol building and the beautiful park that surrounds it. We gave a Tea Party gathering a wide berth and watched squirrels sprint across the grass. The sky was a splotched blue and gray, with occasional light rain and a cool breeze. We chatted the whole time (Though speech was a bit labored; we were keeping a nice fast pace). All in all, we walked  just about a mile, and time passed much more pleasantly and faster than if we'd exercised alone.

My legs are aching a bit from the walk. I'm not sure if we were really walking that much faster or what the issue could be. Perhaps that I'm not good at remembering to stretch. I need to start stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment